We are partners with BabyCare, which currently distributes 9,000 diapers each month.
BabyCare is a diaper bank that purchases and accepts donations of diapers for babies in need. Babies may receive diapers on a monthly basis for up to one year. In addition to providing diapers, BabyCare offers one-time "supply boxes" to newborns that contain various items such as clothes, blankets and toys.
BabyCare is currently located at Sheboygan Evangelical Free Church. Evangelical is one of eight nationally-recognized diaper banks in Wisconsin. Parents must receive a referral card. Referral cards are handed out by food pantries and other relevant agencies throughout Sheboygan County. Clients visit Evangelical Free Church by appointment to receive diapers.
In 2017, Sheboygan County Food Bank donated $5,ooo and now directs all diaper donations to BabyCare. Any excess diapers are stored at Sheboygan County Food Bank's warehouse.
Donation and Volunteer Opportunities
While BabyCare accepts diaper donations, they also accept monetary donations to buy diapers in bulk at a discounted price. Please contact BabyCare Coordinator, Marge Voigt, at 920-207-0515 if you are interested in donating.
Are you interested in volunteering? Check out volunteer opportunities:
- Diaper Bank: count and package diapers.
- Supply Boxes for Newborns: wash donated clothes (using the church washing machine), fill gift boxes, gift-wrap boxes, etc.
If you would like to serve in this area, please contact Evangelical Free Church's office via email or call 920-452-6520 for more information.
Did you know?
- 1 in 3 families struggle with diaper need. Help keep babies clean, dry & healthy.
- 5.6 million babies and toddlers under the age of 3 live in poor and low-income families and face diaper need.
- Most child care centers require parents to provide a daily supply of disposable diapers which is a challenge for low-wage workers.
- Many parents cannot go to work or school, for lack of diapers necessary to leave their babies with a child care provider.
- Infants require up to 12 diapers per day, at a cost of up to $100 per month per baby – a cost many families cannot afford.