Stockboxes are first assembled by Hunger Task Force and then delivered to our warehouse.
Hunger Task Force (HTF) is Milwaukee's Free & Local food bank that administers the Commodity Supplemental Food Program–known locally as Stockbox. Because of this partnership with HTF, Sheboygan County Food Bank volunteers are able to distribute these healthy and nutritious boxes of supplementary food to seniors in need on a monthly basis.
Stockbox items include:
- Four vegetables (green beans, corn, etc.)
- Two juices (grape, apple, tomato, etc.)
- Two fruits (mixed fruit, applesauce, etc.)
- One protein (chicken, beef, two cans tuna)
- Cereal (rolled oats, rice cereal, etc.)
- Milk product (instant, evaporated, etc)
- Carbohydrate (pasta, rice, etc.)
- Cheese (low-fat American, etc.)
Sheboygan County Food Bank delivers about 130 boxes to low-income seniors to seven low-income senior housing sites throughout Sheboygan County:
- Covenant House, Sheboygan
- Rochester Springs, Sheboygan Falls
- Tamarack House Apartments, Sheboygan
- St. Nicholas Apartments, Sheboygan
- Park Plaza Apartments, Sheboygan
- Wasserman Apartments, Sheboygan
- Quit Qui Oc Manor, Plymouth
To qualify for a Stockbox, seniors must be 60 years or older and a resident of Wisconsin and meet the monthly income requirements. To view monthly income requirements, click here. If you are interested in signing up yourself, or another person, please contact us at 920-453-0169.